RYC SENIOR RACING – FEES & ADMISSION CRITERIA
Racers must be turning 17 years old or more in the year of racing.
Racers must be one of the following to qualify for Racing:
• RYC member
• A member of the immediate family of that with a Family Membership
• A non-member that has paid for a “Racing Membership”
LIABILITY WAVER: All Racers are required to Agree to/Sign a Liability Waver before racing.
FEES (click here to purchase a Racing Permit)
• RYC Members: Racing fees Included in membership
• Senior Seasonal Racing Permit: $40 (for non-members, includes 3 days of racing)
• Senior Single Day Racing Permit: $15 (for non-members)
• Boat Rental: $20/race day (Only pay AFTER reservation granted – see below)
NOTE: All Fees must be paid BEFORE RACING
PAYMENT: Monday-Friday at RYC Office, on RYC Website or with Cash on Race Day at Skipper’s Meeting.
CLUB BOAT RENTALS
For Senior Racers that do not have a private Laser to use but are still interested in racing, there are 6 RYC Lasers that can be rented on a First Come/First Serve basis. However, requests for boats must be submitted within a specific window in the days leading up to each Race Day:
Club Boat Request Window
Seniors – Submit boat requests between 7am Thursday and 4pm Saturday (Races on Sunday)
Upon closure of requests, the Racing Advisor will assign club boats under the following hierarchy:
1. RYC members (taking lessons) & RYC Staff
2. RYC members (under family membership but not taking lessons)
3. Racers with a Junior Racing Permit (non-members)
Note: Final decision to grant Club Boats is at the discretion of the RYC Racing Advisor.
To Request a Boat: Contact RYC Racing Advisor – text 226-627-9553 or RYCracingadvisor@gmail.com
• Club Boats are property of RYC and are essential to teach RYC sailing classes.
• The Racer has the responsibility to avoid any risk of damage to the boats.
• The Racer must avoid collisions with other boats, regardless of Racing Rules infractions.
• The Racer may be held accountable for damage to the rented boat. Please Be Careful!
Refer to Official RYC Calendar for Racing Dates.
Contact RYCracingadvisor@gmail.com or Call/Text 226-627-9553